Young Artists Residency 2014 - Call for residency
Created in 2010, Ambronay’s Young Ensembles Residencies are an integral part of the activities of the European Baroque Academy, the aim of which is to aid the professional insertion of talented young individuals (singers and instrumentalists) and groups (young ensembles), on a European scale.
As well as providing the selected ensembles with the practical necessities for the development of their project (rehearsal space, instruments, organisation of accommodation and meals), these residencies allow the ensembles to obtain specific help and advice in communication, promotion and administration from experienced professionals. The best selected ensembles may also benefit from the special support of the Ambronay Cultural Encounter Centre, with the possibility of returning for a second residency the following year and recording their debut disc for the Ambronay Editions label.
The Young Artists Residencies are part of a european network including the Collegio Ghisleri in Pavia, which will host 2 residencies.
This program benefits from the support of the European Commission, which awarded it the title of European Cultural Ambassador until 2013.
Four ensembles will be selected this year for 7 to 10 days of residency in 2014.
This residency will take place either in Ambronay or in an associate organization in Europe.
The Ambronay Cultural Encounter Centre offers:
Rooms and materials:
- One or two practice rooms at your disposal.
- Provision of a positive organ, two harpsichords (the instruments will not be tuned) and a digital piano.
Accommodation and meals during the residency
A programme of à la carte training:
- Administrative advice on: creating an association, contracts and performers’ rights, preparation of invoices and an introduction to accounting.
- Communications advice: putting together a presentation portfolio, a press pack, communicating with online audiences.
- Advice on seeking financing, putting on a production or organising a tour.
- Advice on organizing events: development of cultural activities (workshops, public rehearsals etc.).
These sessions can involve either all members of the ensemble or individual musicians. They can take place either during the period of residency or beforehand, according to a schedule established with members of the Ambronay training team.
- The selected ensembles will be invited to perform as part of Ambronay Cultural Encounter Centre’s and/or Collegio Ghislieri’s 2014 program.
The ensemble commits to:
- Welcome groups during the residency period (a 2-hour session) for musical performance, public rehearsal, presentation of instruments, workshops.
- Mention the support of the Ambronay Cultural Encounter Centre on documents produced by the ensemble and on concert programs for a period of 2 years following the end of the residency, according to the residency contract
Deadline for applications : October 10th, 2013
The selection will proceed in two steps :
1. Selection by written application:
- Presenting the ensemble, the musicians
- The artistic project and approach that the ensemble will follow through during the residency
- Long-term projects
- Audio or video recording
2. The pre-selected ensembles will participate in european auditions organized between the 5th and the 13th of December in 5 cities.
- Musicians specialising in early music
- The ensemble must be formed for less than 3 years
Please send applications and registration forms (please ask for a return-receipt) via e-mail to :
+33 (0) 4 74 38 91 98